(3 dives 2 days)
The PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty course introduces divers to the skills, techniques, problems, and enjoyment of underwater navigation. The Underwater Navigator Specialty course is intended to serve as a safe and supervised introduction to navigation techniques used in the underwater environment. This course is a good prerequisite option to Search & Recovery. If you have already taken the advanced course it included a navigation dive which may be credited toward the specialty. Underwater navigator is also an excellent specialty course for the future Master Scuba Diver.
This is a prescriptive program which requires you answer the review questions in the "Underwater Navigator Manual" and view "Underwater Navigator DVD" before you begin the class. On day one we'll meet in the early afternoon to review the study questions before we go diving the next day. Since the Underwater Navigator course is equipment intensive we take up too much space on boats. Therefore, the dives are usually done from shore. We meet early in the morning for 2 days at the beach. Everything you need for the course is included in our price except the Underwater Navigator Manual*, your swim suit, towel and sun block.
*Books are not included in our price so you can buy them near home without being double charged. We encourage you to visit your local dive shop to buy the manuals and tables if you have time. Establishing a relationship with a local dive shop will help keep you diving in the future. If this doesn't work for you, we can provide the books (no shipping charges) when you book a class in time to receive them.
- Meet at the beach, Review study questions from Underwater Navigator Manual.
- Predive Safety and dive site briefings
- Plan Underwater Navigator Specialty dive 1
- Make the dive
- Log Dive then Break until day 2, avoid alcohol and altitude.
- Get a good nights sleep!
- Meet at the beach , Predive Safety and dive site briefings
- Plan Underwater Navigator Specialty dives 2 and 3
- Make the dives
- Log Dives, finish Certification Paperwork, talk story. Avoid alcohol and altitude for 24 hours.
- Watch a Maui Sunset
To book it contact us - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let us know in your e-mail:
- Dates on Maui and your preferred days to dive
- Your age (12 is the minimum)
- Your height, weight, jeans and jacket size (for wet suit sizing)
- Number in your party who will be diving on SCUBA
- Any questions or concerns involving the medical statement. **
- Date and time of your departure flight and plans to be above 2000 ft.
Answers to many medical questions
Flying After Diving Altitude Exposure Guideline
**For your safety please review the medical statement Scuba. If you must answer yes to any of the medical questions on the medical statement, and still wish to dive we require that you download a copy of the RSTC Medical Statement and Guidelines for Recreational Scuba Diver’s Physical Examination and see your family physician for a determination of your physical fitness for participation in Scuba Diving.