(2 dives 1 and 1/2 days)
The PADI Underwater Photographer Specialty course covers basic underwater photography with special emphasis on practical photographic techniques. Included in the course is photographic principles, composition, film types, flash/available light photography and camera-handling techniques. Additionally, the preparation, care and maintenance of photographic equipment is covered.
This is a prescriptive program which requires you answer the review questions in the "Underwater Photographer Specialty" manual and view the "Underwater Photographer Specialty DVD" before you begin the class. On day one we'll meet in the early afternoon to review the study questions before we go diving the next day. The Underwater Photographer Specialty course is often done on boats for better visibility unless your equipment is so extensive we take up too much space. Therefore, the boat is optional. All dive gear is included in our price but you'll need the Underwater Photographer Specialty Manual*, a camera, your swim suit, towel and sun block.
*Books are not included in our price so you can buy them near home without being double charged. We encourage you to visit your local dive shop to buy the manuals and tables if you have time. Establishing a relationship with a local dive shop will help keep you diving in the future. If this doesn't work for you, we can provide the books (no shipping charges) when you book a class in time to receive them.
- Meet in the late afternoon, Review study questions from Underwater Navigator Manual.
- Break until day 2
- Get a good nights sleep!
7:15 AM Meet at the beach (or 6:20 at the boat)
- Predive Safety and dive site briefings
- Plan Underwater Photographer Specialty dives 1 and 2
- Make the dives
- Log Dives, finish Certification Paperwork, talk story. Avoid alcohol and altitude for 24 hours.
- Watch a Maui Sunset
To book it contact us - email@example.com.
Let us know in your e-mail:
- Dates on Maui and your preferred days to dive
- Your age (12 is the minimum)
- Your height, weight, jeans and jacket size (for wet suit sizing)
- Number in your party who will be diving on SCUBA
- Any questions or concerns involving the medical statement. **
- Date and time of your departure flight and plans to be above 2000 ft.
Answers to many medical questions
Flying After Diving Altitude Exposure Guideline
**For your safety please review the medical statement Scuba. If you must answer yes to any of the medical questions on the medical statement, and still wish to dive we require that you download a copy of the RSTC Medical Statement and Guidelines for Recreational Scuba Diver’s Physical Examination and see your family physician for a determination of your physical fitness for participation in Scuba Diving.