(About 14 days, time to complete Varies)
You enter the professional diving community at this level! A Dive master must be many things to those in his or her charge; A dive supervisor, a role model, an entertainer, a source of dive related information and when necessary a competent rescuer. Becoming a dive master prepares you to supervise diving activities for certified divers, snorkelers and skin divers and assist other instructors with training student divers. Dive master is the prerequisite ranking toward becoming an Open Water Scuba Instructor.
- Advanced Open Water Diver and Rescue Diver certifications (we can do this for you in about 5 days).
- Current CPR and First aid training (2 evenings).
- 20 logged dives to start the training, 60 Prior to certification.
- Minimum Age: 18
- Completed Medical Statement and Physical Examination!
What to expect
- 9 Knowledge Development chapters and Emergency Assistance Plan
- Exams in Dive Physics, Physiology, Equipment, Decompression Theory, Dive Planning, Dive Skills, Underwater Environment, Dive master Conducted Programs and Supervising Certified and Student Divers.
Water skills and Stamina
- 400 meter/yard swim
- 15 minute float/tread
- 800 meter/yard snorkel swim
- 100 meter/yard diver tow
- Rescue Assessment
- Mapping Project (you map a dive site)
- Equipment Exchange (during a dive with fellow dive master candidate or instructor)
(you will assist an instructor with real training and guiding services)
- 5 Confined Water internships, at least one being part of an Open Water Diver Course
- 6 Open Water internships, at least one being part of an Open Water Diver course one as a continuing education course and on supervising certified divers in open water
Skill Demonstration Development
You are expected to perform these skills to demonstration quality
- Mask removal, replacement and clearing
- Equipment assembly, adjustment, preparation, donning and disassembly
- Pre dive safety check
- Deep water entry
- Buoyancy check at surface
- Regulator-to-snorkel and snorkel-to-regulator exchange
- Proper five-point descent
- Regulator recovery and clearing
- Air depletion exercise and alternate air source use stationary for 30 seconds
- Free-flow regulator breathing
- Fin pivot (both low-pressure and oral inflation)
- Proper five-point ascent
- Remove and replace weight system on the surface
- Controlled emergency swimming ascent
- Hovering in mid water for 30 seconds
- Underwater swim without a mask
- Remove and replace weight system underwater
- Remove and replace scuba unit underwater
- Remove and replace scuba unit on the surface
- Buddy breathing stationary and swimming (both donor and receiver)
Dive master Conducted Program
You conduct a training exercise with students of your own under the direct supervision of an instructor.
Personal scuba gear (other than tanks and weights) is not usually included in our price because having your own gear at the level of dive master is not an unrealistic expectation and demonstrates a minimal level of commitment. Books are not included in our price so you can buy them near home without being double charged. However, we’ll provide the books without a shipping charge when you book a class in time to receive them. As a last option, buy them here and allow precious time on your vacation to read it.
To book it contact us - firstname.lastname@example.org.
But First !
Let us know in your e-mail:
- Dates on Maui and your preferred days to dive
- Your age (18 is the minimum)
- Number in your party who will be diving on SCUBA
- Any questions or concerns involving the medical statement.
- Date and time of your departure flight and plans to be above 2000 ft.
Each dive master candidate must complete the medical statement Scuba. Regardless of whether you must answer yes to any of the medical questions on the medical statement, we require that you download a copy of the RSTC Medical Statement and Guidelines for Recreational Scuba Diver’s Physical Examination and see your family physician for a determination of your physical fitness for participation in the dive master program.